SLICES Swiss Cluster Overview
SLICES is building a European-wide research infrastructure to support research and innovation with information and communication technologies, future networks and digital transformation, including Internet of Things, edge computing and cloud computing. Endorsed by ESFRI, SLICES will provide advanced testbed infrastructure and tools, including compute, storage and network components, interconnected by dedicated high-speed links that will federate and mutualize resources made available by diverse universities and research centers.
SLICES is organized in natonal nodes or clusters that are partcipatng in the governance of the research infrastructure. The Swiss cluster of SLICES is supported by IoT Lab and gathers the largest Swiss universites and research centres. Through its members, the Swiss cluster is directly involved in the design, development and governance of SLICES.
The objectves of the Swiss Cluster of SLICES are:
- Support and coordinate the Swiss partcipaton in SLICES RI
- Technical integraton of Swiss research infrastructures into SLICES RI
- Cooperaton and mutualizaton of RI at natonal level among Swiss research organizatons;
- Ensure full access of Swiss researchers, industry and innovators
- Support international cooperation
The Swiss cluster is also a leading hub of SLICES for research on:
- Internet of Things and digital transformation;
- Applicaton domains such as smart cites, energy, and health;
- Data protection and privacy enhancing technologies;
- Interoperability and standardization;
- Sustainable development.
Biotech Campus – 15 Avenue de Secheron
1201 Geneva – Switzerland
Copyright © 2023 SLICES